Creating a Name to Time to populating a calendar formula

SpiritCars

Greetings! So I am currently working on a project at my job. It is something that I can do by hand, but requires a tedious amount of time. I'll try to explain briefly and then I need help figuring out how to use formulas to make this easier.

We create hot rods from the ground up. We have departments: Fiberglass, Body Shop, Fabrication, Upholstery, Rod Shop, and Painting. Each department has an average time placed on the items or work they do, such as in Fiberglass, a 23T Bucket body takes 10 hours to build. Then, it goes to the Body Shop, which takes 22 hours. And so on.

My job is to take these calculated times and create a customer timeline based on the amounts of hours each thing takes in each department and projecting the finish date, so that we can give our customer a shipping date (and strive to meet it).

I need a formula that I can use to convert each item (ex: 23T) to it's individual department times (ex: 10 hrs fiberglass, 22 hrs body shop, etc) and then populate that figure into the calendar with the customer's name on the date it is expected to be finished. I realize that this is probably going to be far more complicated than one simple formula.

My deadline for that calendar is today, and while I know will not make that deadline even if I had all the formulas and information entered into the spreadsheet, I will still be doing it by hand and using said spreadsheet at a future date to continue being able to keep track of the timeline in a more manageable format.

I guess I should know if this is even a possibility, and if so, can someone help me with it?

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back