Creating a Pivot Chart without changing the table

skoorBmaS

Hi Everyone, I am just trying to make several pivot charts from one master pivot table I am using. each chart will refer to what is in the row. When I make a normal pivot chart and change the parameters within that, then it filters the pivot table and changes all the charts related to that. I was wondering if there is a way I can have multiple pivot charts, each showing separate items?

WaterGypsy

If I understand correctly you are changing the data in the pivot table - just refiltering it? You could add columns to indicate the specific line needs to be included in a particular chart and use that as a driver maybe?

skoorBmaS

Yeah in some ways, however its the chart which is filtering the table, not me. Once I change the chart by using the inbuilt filters within the chart, it automatically changes the table too. What I am trying to achieve is to use one pivot table which I have, and create multiple charts from the one table. In each of the charts, it would show different data. However at the moment, when I create the charts, excel makes a Pivot Chart, which shows all of the data in that pivot table, rather than the specific data which I wish to show. When I go to change the chart to show just what I wish to view, it both changes the chart and also formats the pivot table to match. As a result, if I had lets say three charts from one table, If I change one chart, all of the charts which are linked to that table change as a result of the first chart telling the pivot table to format. The only way around this which I can imagine at the moment is to make a pivot table for each specific chart and then make a chart from each table, however this seems unnecessarily long.

SpillerBD

Each Pivot Chart will always be associated with a Pivot Table.
So in essence, for each chart you want you will need a pivot table, even if it is not visible.

If you can leverage the "Show Report Filter Pages..." you'll be able to select each (one at a time) of those Pivot Tables and Add a Pivot Chart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xcelstudent

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics