Creating a Pivot Chart without changing the table

skoorBmaS

Hi Everyone, I am just trying to make several pivot charts from one master pivot table I am using. each chart will refer to what is in the row. When I make a normal pivot chart and change the parameters within that, then it filters the pivot table and changes all the charts related to that. I was wondering if there is a way I can have multiple pivot charts, each showing separate items?

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
If I understand correctly you are changing the data in the pivot table - just refiltering it? You could add columns to indicate the specific line needs to be included in a particular chart and use that as a driver maybe?

Upvote 0
Yeah in some ways, however its the chart which is filtering the table, not me. Once I change the chart by using the inbuilt filters within the chart, it automatically changes the table too. What I am trying to achieve is to use one pivot table which I have, and create multiple charts from the one table. In each of the charts, it would show different data. However at the moment, when I create the charts, excel makes a Pivot Chart, which shows all of the data in that pivot table, rather than the specific data which I wish to show. When I go to change the chart to show just what I wish to view, it both changes the chart and also formats the pivot table to match. As a result, if I had lets say three charts from one table, If I change one chart, all of the charts which are linked to that table change as a result of the first chart telling the pivot table to format. The only way around this which I can imagine at the moment is to make a pivot table for each specific chart and then make a chart from each table, however this seems unnecessarily long.

Upvote 0
Each Pivot Chart will always be associated with a Pivot Table.
So in essence, for each chart you want you will need a pivot table, even if it is not visible.

If you can leverage the "Show Report Filter Pages..." you'll be able to select each (one at a time) of those Pivot Tables and Add a Pivot Chart.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back