Creating a Pivot Table from a complex Excel sheet, how do I get this to work?

ktec27

Hello!

I am attempting to create a Pivot Table from a complex Excel sheet. Below is an example of 1 item I am tracking.... this is 1 of 70, and they usually have 20 or so "Social Insertions".

The goal of the Pivot Table/Chart is to have an easy to digest overview of the month and of the quarter. Any advice on how I can do this in Excel?

Thank you in advance!

AssetDescriptionWeb / Social / Video ChannelDate Publishedbit.lySocial Insertion DateReach #1Impressions #1Clicks #1Pageviews
Editorials
Sneak Peek Video ReleaseSneak Peek: Architecture & BarNETWORKWebsite3/30/2016http://bit.ly/23g1btYa 21
Twitter@Accountname3/31/2016 20:55:0049930
Twitter@Accountname3/31/2016 20:22:00575121
Twitter@Accountname3/31/2016 17:15:0092,3401,332
Twitter@Accountname3/31/2016 12:30:0037,480841
Facebookn/a

<colgroup><col style="width: 177px"><col width="253"><col width="100"><col width="85"><col width="122"><col width="100"><col width="100"><col width="100"><col width="100"><col width="100"><col width="100"><col width="100"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
If you're currently keeping track of all of this information in Excel then there's certainly a way to present it in a condensed version for monthly or quarterly review. To help I'd need a bit more information from you. How are each of the 70 events you track cataloged; are they 70 worksheets in a single workbook, is there just one worksheet in one workbook or in 70 workbooks? Are there structured template designs for each event that already quantify some of this information; or is there sorting and organizing that needs to be done per each event first at the close of the month/quarter before the data can be quantified. What information needs to be seen on the monthly/quarterly report? Screenshots and data samples would help here to give you direction as to what could be the best approach.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutchie_1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back