Creating a Ref # lookup sheet

kencyr53

I have a question about creating a ref lookup sheet. We built a sales sheet for 6 individuals and now to QA them, we want to ref the info by call ID #. Prob is that the sheet created, the info like name, address, email, bla bla bla is ref to the cell underneath it.

Example:
first name: Last name:
Joe Schmoe

So when I do a Vlookup or hlookup, we can't get the info to pull. Is there a formula or macro I should be using and if so, could you show me what it is. Been searching for days and dont know what direction I should be heading in

Thanx,
Ken

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Welcome to the board.

Can you give a full example of what you'd like to return? Showing a sample of more than one record would help get a feel for your data layout as well...

Upvote 0
Thnx ill try to

Lead ID: 1234

First Name Last name: address:
Joe schmoe Tulsa
so if the post doesnt format right lead id =a1 , 1234=b2, first name=b1, last name=b2, address=b3, joe=c1, schmoe=c2,tulsa=c3

now what we want to do is create a sheet by using a lookup of 1234 to give us the data of joe schmoe in tulsa......but the prob is that we cant use v/h lookup because the data for the catagories are entered underneath them rather than to the right of them

Upvote 0
Try something like this:

F1 is the input cell
F2 =INDEX(A:A,MATCH($F$1,B:B,0)+2)
F3 =INDEX(B:B,MATCH($F$1,B:B,0)+2)
F4 =INDEX(C:C,MATCH($F$1,B:B,0)+2)
Book3
ABCDEF
1Lead ID1234Lookup ID4567
2First NameLast NameAddressFirst NameKen
3JoeSchmoeTulsaLast Namecyr
4Address53
5Lead ID4567
6First NameLast NameAddress
7Kencyr53
Sheet1

Upvote 0
so if we build a sheet, when we type 1234 if the ref cell, would all the info underneath pull as well? I was asking our IT guy and he seems to think that the id is a seperate record set. He suggested that the info needs to have an associated link to the info via same row to kind of "link" itself to the info. I suggested maybe merging the a-e cells together may work. What do you think? Ill try your suggextion as well.

Upvote 0
Maybe I am misunderstanding your question. I thought you were saying that you had data as in columns A:C in the spreadsheet in my last post and that you were trying to look up data based on an ID (to get columns E:F). It sounds now like you have a database (or two) that you're trying to query against to get the data to look like columns A:C...?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back