Creating a rolling sum function

stugale

Hi everyone,I am trying to create a spread sheet that adds up my staff's hours worked for a rolling 119 day period, sounds easy but I have to ignore any day that they have taken as leave but still include a 119 day period. For example if I had a member of staff who took 6 days off in that 119 day period I would need to add in the extra 6 days at the end, so I would need a 125 day period to be calculated.Is this possible? At the moment I have the rolling 119 day sum and a countif to tell me how many days leave (input as L) and then I manually add the extra cells to the formula. So my formula reads =SUM(C2:DQ2)+SUM(DR2:DW2) as my employee has taken 6 days leave. Many ThanksStu

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I have the leave count in row 3, so I have a rolling 119 day period of leave as well, but I'm not sure how to automatically adjust the formula to include the extra days. I have 45 members of staff so I'm looking for a way to automatically calculate the rolling number of hours worked rather than having the simple total and having to manually adjust the formula for every leave day.

Upvote 0
Dummy example of what I'm trying to achieve -

Staff #Name01-Jul02-Jul03-Jul04-Jul05-Jul
1Jones10100L10

<tbody>
</tbody>

say I need to calculate a 4 day rolling sum of hours Jones would be 20 hours but because he had a leave day I need to do a 5 day rolling sum to account for his leave day. Therefore his total would be 30 hours. I need to expand this to cover 119 day period so not as easy as just looking and amending.

Thank You

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back