Creating a shift Rota / Calendar

bob230

I am currently devising a rolling shift rota/calendar for a friend and his colleagues who work different shifts (Earlies, Lates and Nights).
I want to input an abbreviation/letter (for example 'N' for night-shifts) in a cell and then get excel to automatically repeat that same 'N' entry, every 28 days within the same row, but 28 columns away from the original entry.

Can anyone help please ?

Many Thanks, Bob230 :confused:

bob230

I would input the letter 'N' (abbreviation for Night-shift) in one cell, then the spreadsheet would automatically repeat the exact same cell content 'N', again 28 columns away. If I can get the formula for one repeating entry, then I can adapt it accordingly, enabling me to insert and complete the remaining shift variations of Days, Rest days etc that are at the 'X' number of days from each other, finally giving me a full working rota. If you can just help me to get the spreadsheet formula to repeat a duplicate entry - that will be great - many thanks ;)

Last edited:

texasalynn

is this what you mean
<b>Excel 2003</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";background-color: #FFFFFF;border: 1px solid;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #A6AAB6"><colgroup><col width="25px" style="background-color: #E0E0F0" /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /><col /></colgroup><thead><tr style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;text-align: center;color: #161120"><th></th><th>A</th><th>B</th><th>C</th><th>D</th><th>E</th><th>F</th><th>G</th><th>H</th><th>I</th><th>J</th><th>K</th><th>L</th><th>M</th><th>N</th><th>O</th><th>P</th><th>Q</th><th>R</th><th>S</th><th>T</th><th>U</th><th>V</th><th>W</th><th>X</th><th>Y</th><th>Z</th><th>AA</th><th>AB</th><th>AC</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr ><td style="color: #161120;text-align: center;">1</td><td style=";">N</td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style="text-align: right;;"></td><td style=";">N</td></tr></tbody></table><p style="width:3.6em;font-weight:bold;margin:0;padding:0.2em 0.6em 0.2em 0.5em;border: 1px solid #A6AAB6;border-top:none;text-align: center;background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120">Sheet1</p><br /><br /><table width="85%" cellpadding="2.5px" rules="all" style=";border: 2px solid black;border-collapse:collapse;padding: 0.4em;background-color: #FFFFFF" ><tr><td style="padding:6px" ><b>Worksheet Formulas</b><table cellpadding="2.5px" width="100%" rules="all" style="border: 1px solid;text-align:center;background-color: #FFFFFF;border-collapse: collapse; border-color: #A6AAB6"><thead><tr style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120"><th width="10px">Cell</th><th style="text-align:left;padding-left:5px;">Formula</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><th width="10px" style=" background-color: #E0E0F0;color: #161120">AC1</th><td style="text-align:left">=+A1</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></table><br />

bob230

is this what you mean
Excel 2003
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZAAABAC
1NN

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sheet1

Worksheet Formulas
CellFormula
AC1=+A1

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

[Not quite. I was hoping to use automated repeating formula - perhaps using the VBA programming language? - i'm not sure;) ]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewPop24

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...