Creating a spreadsheet to fit on a TV and locking the size?

BAQI

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
At my job we have a TV monitor with a spreadsheet of information that is updated throughout the day. There are several people who have access to it and make edits, and I'm looking to format the spreadsheet in such a way where the formatting of rows/columns can't be touched.

1.) Is there a way that I can setup a new spreadsheet that will fit exactly to the TV that it is displayed on (even though it is edited on different computers)? My goal is that all the rows and column will automatically expand or shrink to fit on the TV

2.) Is there a way to do the above, and still be able to add rows and columns, and still have it auto adjust?

3.) I want certain rows to be slightly taller than other rows, and to keep that format as it adjusts to the TV

4.) Is there a way to setup the sheet so that if something is copied and paste from another row, and moved, it doesn't copy the formatting? (rows alternate shades to make it easy to follow).

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Anyone have suggestions? I can't find anything relevant online, but I believe that's because I don't know the keywords to Google.

Upvote 0
HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Hi BAQI. That link is somewhat cryptic for you and I'm not entirely sure if it will do what you want. To have the spreadsheet fit the screen of multiple monitors you have to adjust for screen resolution and zoom settings. I don't think that the row height will matter. You can control formatting with the copy and paste. Is it the spreadsheet zoom settings that you want to tinker with so that the same number of rows are displayed for each monitor? Dave

Upvote 0
Hi BAQI. That link is somewhat cryptic for you and I'm not entirely sure if it will do what you want. To have the spreadsheet fit the screen of multiple monitors you have to adjust for screen resolution and zoom settings. I don't think that the row height will matter. You can control formatting with the copy and paste. Is it the spreadsheet zoom settings that you want to tinker with so that the same number of rows are displayed for each monitor? Dave
Dave,

What I'm looking to do is the following:

Setup a workbook that displays on a TV, where you can't see the header/footer, etc (this is simple for me).

I want all the rows and columns to fit to the full size of that TV specifically. However, I want to be able to add a rom/column as needed, where it automatically adjusts the size of every other column/row to still fit perfectly on that TV.

For instance, some columns have a width of 10, some 12, some 20, and some rows have a height of 15, 20, and 25. When a column or row is added, the same proportions are maintained for the rows or columns, so it fits to the size of the TV.

I'm trying to make the spreadsheet as user friendly as possible, so it doesn't require me to look at it every day to make sure someone else didn't add one that can't be viewed on the TV.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back