Creating a Static Cell Value Without vba

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Thanks, Smitty,

I forgot to mention that this process has to happen unattended. Maybe a UDF or something. I don't know. The problem is I have 2400 of these. I just figured that there are so many ways to do something in excel that maybe someone has something automated to offer.

Steve

Upvote 0
A UDF is VBA though. Although they generally return results, rather than performing physical actions.

Why the reluctance to use VBA?

If you're not opposed to VBA you mentioned that you want this to happen after calculation, so I'd look at the Calculate event. Or if there is a manual input driving the calculation, then use a change event. The latter is a bit easier to control than the former, especially if you have a lot of calculations.

Upvote 0
Smitty,

Your followup is greatly appreciated. I found a way to solve my problem. I have inserted formulas in the cells in preparation for the calculation. Once the worksheet is calculated I remove the formula and leave just the value by using a worksheet calculation event.

Steve

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back