Creating a variable list of columns and ranges to copy to another sheet based off values in cells

rossross

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've got an inputs tab and 3 other worksheets in one wkbk. On my inputs tab, i've got cells I2:I14 that have column letters in it (A, AB, N, E, etc.) - these can be changed so they are variable. They correspond to the other worksheets within the wkbk.

So 13 cells of columns to ID while ignoring the other 20 or so columns. And the ranges are variable as well. I can ID the last row to use on each sheet, but how do i marry that with the correct column letters and copy to another sheet?

I'd like to simply say something like for each i in range, copy from ws1 then paste to ws2. And for ws3, do the same but copy below what i just pasted into ws2.

Cell I3 in inputs ws says V so it should go to column V in ws1, copy V2 to last row then go to ws2 and paste in B2. And then I4 is column Y so Y2 to last row and place in column C on ws2 and so. And then the same for the other worksheet but paste below. both ranges are different values but place in order in ws2... if it makes it easier i can place a third range that corresponds to where they need to go in ws2... so it'd be K2, K3, = A, B, and so on.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back