Creating a variance Report

PBB

Hi All--

Is it possible to use Excel to make a variance report ? I have two sheets- one showing the starting qty's and the other showing the qty's that are really there- Each has two column's--part # and qty. If I assume that both have the same part #'s I can make one-ugly as it is and slow to create- by pasting one on the other-sort it and use the subtotal function--Then use a
formula for the math and just copy it down-The problem is when I either have #'s that are on the first and not the other or the other way around it does not work right--

Thank you for the help----Paul

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
HI - welcome to the board!

If I've understood you right, the following may help:
Book1
ABCDEF
1PartQty1PartQty2Variance
2a1a2-1
3b2b3-1
4c3c4-1
5d4e50
6e5f6NotonList
Sheet1

the formula is:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D2),VLOOKUP(D2,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E2,"Not on List")

paddy

Upvote 0
Hi mr Excel,

This is very useful. I would like to add a question on top of this. How can you auto highlight the part# or Qty*1 if they were not counted?
just to flag us that it was not counted and missed.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Holidays.

Arnold

HI - welcome to the board!

If I've understood you right, the following may help:

******** ******************** ************************************************************************><center>
Microsoft Excel - Book1___Running: xl2000 : OS = Windows Windows 2000

<tbody>
</tbody>
File Edit View Insert Options Tools Data Window Help About<form name="formCb097197"><input *******="window.clipboardData.setData("Text",document.formFb029964.sltNb561987.value);" type="button" value="Copy Formula" name="btCb936858"></form>

<tbody>
</tbody>
<select onchange="document.formFb029964.txbFb105945.value = document.formFb029964.sltNb561987.value" name="sltNb561987"><option value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D2),VLOOKUP(D2,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E2,"Not on List")" selected="">F2</option><option value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D3),VLOOKUP(D3,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E3,"Not on List")">F3</option><option value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D4),VLOOKUP(D4,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E4,"Not on List")">F4</option><option value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D5),VLOOKUP(D5,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E5,"Not on List")">F5</option><option value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D6),VLOOKUP(D6,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E6,"Not on List")">F6</option></select>=<input size="80" value="=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D2),VLOOKUP(D2,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E2,"Not on List")" name="txbFb105945">

<tbody>
</tbody>
<center>A</center><center>B</center><center>C</center><center>D</center><center>E</center><center>F</center>
<center>1</center>PartQty*1*PartQty*2Variance
<center>2</center>a1*a2-1
<center>3</center>b2*b3-1
<center>4</center>c3*c4-1
<center>5</center>d4*e5
<center>6</center>e5*f6Not*on*List
Sheet1*

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

[HtmlMaker light Ver1.10] To see the formula in the cells just click on the cells hyperlink or click the Name box
PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE THIS TABLE IMAGE ON SAME PAGE! OTHEWISE, ERROR OF JavaScript OCCUR.</center>

the formula is:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$6,D2),VLOOKUP(D2,$A$2:$B$6,2,0)-E2,"Not on List")

paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back