Creating a VBA toggle button to show/hide multiple adjacent and non-adjacent columns in Excel

JenW

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I'm using Microsoft Office 365, and I actually need three buttons, but if you guys can help me with the first one, I hope to be able to do the others on my own. I’m trying to learn, but of course, am currently clueless. I’m trying to use a VBA toggle button titled, “Show/Hide All Y/N Statements” to show/hide several adjacent and non-adjacent columns:

My first attempt I tried:

Dim xAddress As String

xAddress = “D:E,N:0,X:Y,AH:AI,AR:AS,BB:BC,BL:BM,BV:BW,CF:CG,CP:CQ,CZ:DA,DJ:DK,DT:DU,ED:EE,EN:EO,EX:EY,FH:FI,FR:FS,I:J,S:T,AC:AD,AM:AN,AW:AX,BG:BH,BQ:BR,CA:CB,CK:CL,CU:CV,DE:DF,DO:DP,DY:DZ,EI:EJ,ES:ET,FC:FD,FM:FN,FW:FX"

If ToggleButton1.Value Then

Application.ActiveSheet.Columns(xAddress).Hidden = True

Else

Application.ActiveSheet.Columns(xAddress).Hidden = False

End If

End Sub

On my second attempt, tried the same thing with:

Application.ActiveSheet.Columns(xAddress)EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Else

Application.ActiveSheet.Columns(xAddress)EntireColumn.Hidden = False

End If

End Sub

On my third attempt I tried:

Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click()

Range("D:D,E:E,N:N,O:O,X:X,Y:Y,AH:AH,AI:AI,AR:AR,AS:AS,BB:BB,BC:BC,BL:BL,BM:BM,BV:BV,BW:BW,CF:CF,CG:CG,CP:CP,CQ:CQ,CZ:CZ,DA:DA,DJ:DJ,DK:DK,DT:DT,DU:DU,ED:ED,EE:EE,EN:EN,EO:EO,EX:EX,EY:EY,FH:FH,FI:FI,FR:FR:FS:FS,I:I,J:J,S:S,T:T,AC:AC,AD:AD,AM:AM,AN:AN,AW:AW,AX:AX,BG:BG,BH:BH,BQ:BQ,BR:BR,CA:CA,CB:CB,CK:CK,CL:CL,CU:CU,CV:CV,DE:DE,DF:DF,DO:DO,DP:DP,DY:DY,DZ:DZ,EI:EI,EJ:EJ,ES:ES,ET:ET,FC:FC,FD:FD,FM:FM,FN:FN,FW:FW,FX:FX").EntireColumn.Hidden = Not Range("D:D,E:E,N:N,O:O,X:X,Y:Y,AH:AH,AI:AI,AR:AR,AS:AS,BB:BB,BC:BC,BL:BL,BM:BM,BV:BV,BW:BW,CF:CF,CG:CG,CP:CP,CQ:CQ,CZ:CZ,DA:DA,DJ:DJ,DK:DK,DT:DT,DU:DU,ED:ED,EE:EE,EN:EN,EO:EO,EX:EX,EY:EY,FH:FH,FI:FI,FR:FR:FS:FS,I:I,J:J,S:S,T:T,AC:AC,AD:AD,AM:AM,AN:AN,AW:AW,AX:AX,BG:BG,BH:BH,BQ:BQ,BR:BR,CA:CA,CB:CB,CK:CK,CL:CL,CU:CU,CV:CV,DE:DE,DF:DF,DO:DO,DP:DP,DY:DY,DZ:DZ,EI:EI,EJ:EJ,ES:ES,ET:ET,FC:FC,FD:FD,FM:FM,FN:FN,FW:FW,FX:FX").EntireColumn.Hidden

End Sub

I would like to know the best way to create this button, but I would also like to understand the difference between the above attempts and how/when to use them properly.

Thanks,
Jen W

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hi,
welcome to forum

Try this update to your code & see if it does what you want

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range

Set rng = Range("D:E,N:O,X:Y,AH:AI,AR:AS,BB:BC,BL:BM,BV:BW,CF:CG,CP:CQ,CZ:DA,DJ:DK,DT:DU,ED:EE,EN:EO,EX:EY,FH:FI,FR:FS," & _
                      "I:J,S:T,AC:AD,AM:AN,AW:AX,BG:BH,BQ:BR,CA:CB,CK:CL,CU:CV,DE:DF,DO:DP,DY:DZ,EI:EJ,ES:ET,FC:FD,FM:FN,FW:FX")

With Me.ToggleButton1
     rng.EntireColumn.Hidden = .Value
        .Caption = IIf(.Value, "Show", "Hide")
      End With

End Sub

Dave

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi,
welcome to forum

Try this update to your code & see if it does what you want

VBA Code:
    Dim rng As Range

Set rng = Range("D:E,N:O,X:Y,AH:AI,AR:AS,BB:BC,BL:BM,BV:BW,CF:CG,CP:CQ,CZ:DA,DJ:DK,DT:DU,ED:EE,EN:EO,EX:EY,FH:FI,FR:FS," & _
                      "I:J,S:T,AC:AD,AM:AN,AW:AX,BG:BH,BQ:BR,CA:CB,CK:CL,CU:CV,DE:DF,DO:DP,DY:DZ,EI:EJ,ES:ET,FC:FD,FM:FN,FW:FX")

With Me.ToggleButton1
     rng.EntireColumn.Hidden = .Value
        .Caption = IIf(.Value, "Show", "Hide")
      End With

End Sub

Dave

Upvote 0
Thank you Dave! That worked brilliantly, and I was able to create all of the buttons I needed!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back