Creating a voucher spreadsheet which generates word/pdf vouchers

ben_sharp

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum so many thanks in advance for any help I might have.

I work for a small activity centre and I'm looking for a way to enhance our gift voucher system and once I get my head around it potential use something similar to generate invoices which are a big headache at the moment. We're very quiet over the winter and very busy in the summer so I'm able to devote a bit of time to it at the moment in the hopes that it will save us some time while we're busy.

I hope I've posted in the right forum but having looked at similar systems it seems like it's possible using VBA to create a spreadsheet which enables you to enter data which then automatically generates another document. For a voucher system this would be a spreadsheet to capture the following information:

Voucher number
Name
date issued
what the voucher is for

This would then need to be transferred to a voucher template along the lines of:

This voucher entitles "John Smith" to "one free archery session" at "business name".

My excel skills are reasonably rudimentary so I'm really looking for any advice on the feasibility of such a system, whether there are easier alternatives and perhaps some guidance on where I should look to try and teach myself how to create one. If it were possible to do that then I'd be keen to create a similar invoice system, all the templates I've looked at are far too complex for what we require.

Many thanks in advance and I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions,

Ben

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back