Creating Access 2007 Report - How Do I Make It Look Like a Spreadsheet?

Lidsavr

I am creating a report in Access 2007. All of the data is stored in the database and viewed via tables, queries and reports. I want one of the reports to look like an Excel spreadsheet, because that is what the people who view and print out the information are used to seeing.

I don't want to export data out to Excel or create a macro, even though I could. Creating a macro that dumps to Excel in the past has confused the users of the database and created headaches for me.

I've tried playing around with this and cannot figure it out. This is a formatting issue. Any ideas? :confused:

Thanks,

Charles

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
If you don't have any fancy grouping or sorting in the report you could always give them the query that underlies the report instead. That's a datasheet.
Unless of course it is a fancy sorted report with multiple grouping levels, in which case you will have to work quite hard to make it look like a spreadsheet. So, which is it, before we get stuck into the details of report formatting?

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back