Creating Excel VBA Add-Ins

poleary2000

All,

This forum is great! I have been able to vastly increase by knowledge of VBA through asking questions and reading other posts.

From this board, I have obtained a bunch of useful snippets of code that do some really cool things. Is there a way I can create an add-in that would allow me to use these tools in any workbook? Sort of like PUP. I use a lot of these tools quite often and would like to find a way to use them easily.

Suggestions anyone?

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
So...the easiest way is to create an Excel Workbook that has modules containing the code I would like to reference. Then, create a toolbar that would link to the code.

Then, save the workbook as .xla. Put it in the startup folder and I should be good right?

Patrick

Upvote 0
... and if this is for your personal use only, you could store it in your personal.xls... it is a "reserved" workbook in Excel.

Upvote 0
compiling VBA... when you are in VBE (visual basic editor) click on DEBUG... the first item on the drop down menu is COMPILE.

Regarding PERSONAL.XLS, it is a "hidden" workbook that Excel reserves for you. It's intent is for you to store common macros. One place you can see it is when you record a macro... it asks "Store macro in"... one of the options is Personal Macro Workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back