doug5jmp

Board Regular
I have created an inventory excel setup whereas we have:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Central server for storing data and each location saves the files to the same server<o:p></o:p>
There is my computer that I will pull reports to.<o:p></o:p>
There are 5 locations entering current inventory (each with a wkbk)<o:p></o:p>
I than have a separate sheet for the backstock req'd for each inventory item<o:p></o:p>
I than a workbk that when all areas are saved will subtract needed backstock and current inventory and give the inventory needed for each location on a single page<o:p></o:p>
I than have a delivery made wkbk linked to current inventory and inventory needed for each location<o:p></o:p>
When deliveries are made to each location the delivery worksheet is filled and saved:<o:p></o:p>
Each location current inventory and inventory needed wkbks update<o:p></o:p>
Than the (warehouse) where the inventory is removed which is linked to the delivery wksheet...will reduce its current inventory<o:p></o:p>
Which I offset current inventory of the warehouse with its own deliveries.<o:p></o:p>
I reconcile inventory once a month on a separate wksheet as +/- current supplies...which updates the warehouse currently inventory<o:p></o:p>
The inventory list in column A --> "item List" heading is in A4 and the inventory items are listed below. <o:p></o:p>
All locations have the same inventory item list with the same style in each of the worksheets/workbooks. <o:p></o:p>
The dates than are listed in Row 4 with the (for example) current supplies entered by each location entered below the date, in the column.<o:p></o:p>
At this point I have all my count if's etc. working and the list of 19 wksheets that are linked auto populate correctly when information is entered.<o:p></o:p>
Introduction over: <o:p></o:p>
My First Problem is creating one location that will pull a report of all the information into one central wksheet where I can than create tables and graphs as in a pivot table.<o:p></o:p>
My Second Problem is being able to update the central wksheet when new dates are added into each location (New columns added which are currently empty) as they report in the future. <o:p></o:p>
I would like to be able to see each date/column and Have a sum column for a running total.<o:p></o:p>
I believe I can use the dates and create date range in creating my reports.<o:p></o:p>
I have office 2003 on my work computer though I have 2007 at home if need be.<o:p></o:p>
I have been searching endlessly to find what I need!<o:p></o:p>

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I can use other programs if instructed on how to...

Programs at work: Office-Access, Excel, Infopath, word, powerpoint ALL 2003

Programs at home: Office- Access, Excel, Groove, Infopath, OneNote, Outlook, Powerpoint, project professional, publisher, visio professional, word All 2007 <!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Upvote 0
I have not found software that can take my excel files are place them into said program directly as a database.

Upvote 0
Download Excel 2010 Beta and the PowerPivot install. you should be able to do everything you want with that.

Upvote 0
Why is it called beta and how long can I use it for?
I have a 32 bit operating system thus I need powerpivot 32bit?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back