Creating mail with custom message

RoteichA

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

first I want to mention, that I spent 30+ minutes searching/reading through articles. But so far I can‘t find a solution for what I am looking for.
It‘s not like this one here:

I try to keep it as less complex as possible ?

I explain shortly what I am aiming for. Every week I have to send a couple of reminders with almost the exact same content for unnecessary reasons… Only something like an order number and date will change. As the responsible people are lazy af and I am looking for this solution myself now. And I am not well experienced in scripting. Especially not for Excel.

So I want to not simply use „Mail Merge“. But in a macro script, write a specific text in the script that adds some information from specific cells, in specific places of that pre-written text. Short example. :
„Dear (name),
please provide the documents for following order (number).
Kind regards,
My name“

In reality the mail is a bit longer. But with this type of example I can make it.

So a click on the macro box would open a window to select the line number with the given information in.
Because the data to be added, like (name), will always sit at the same column letter.
Then, after selecting the right line number, automatically open Outlook, create a new mail with the script-written text, automatically add the (name) and (number) and use an e-mail written in an additional cell.
Yes I know, i will need to add it as in mail merge.

I think I am asking for a lot ? if i see the script I might understand how to edit the parts I need. But searching the internet alone since idk how long won‘t bring me anywhere….

Appreciate any advice.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
…. open Outlook, create a new mail with the script-written text, automatically add the (name) and (number) and use an e-mail *+ADRESS TO SEND IT TO written in an additional cell.
As mentioned, this mail adresses will be added to that workseet.

Upvote 0
If someone has an idea, please let me know and I can upload some type of mini-sheet if you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back