Creating multipe worksheests from a Pivot Table Field

dogdog

I know you can create a pivot table and get multiple views by manually changing the field at the top. For example to see a particular County instead of the entire service area. In prior versions, I was able to automatically (have excel perfor this for me) create multiple worksheets based on that Pivot Table field, but I can't seem to do it in Excel 2007. Is it no longer part of the functionality? I think this is a regular feature of Excel, so should be an easy one if someone can point me in the right direction.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Andrew, thanks so much, this worked like a charm and saved lots of time!

I knew this feature must still be available, but was unable to pose the question in order to find the answer in the help. The same was true of this forum -- i didn't know how to pose the question to find a thread to address it. That is one of the values of this forum.

By the way, you can only see the Pivot Table Options Tab if you are currently clicked inside of the Pivot Table field. Otherwise the tab is hidden, at least on my machine (there may be a way to turn this off, but I'm new to 2007 - havn't found that yet) anyway, that is an important little point for anyone else trying to apply this solution.

Thanks again!!! M

Upvote 0
On the Pivot Table Options tab click the Options button on the left and choose "Show Report Filter Pages".

Using an expanding data source, I have created a pivot table and several additional worksheets/pivot tables after clicking on the "Show Report Filter Pages." Next I add data to the data source. I CAN update the original pivot table. However, I do not know how to update all the sheets/pivot tables. All I have done is create a second (2) sheet/pivot table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back