Creating Services with related items

geno32080

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have created and invoice for our cleaning services. I would like to use a drop down for the services provided, and associate a price for the service. I got the drop down box going, but am stuck figuring out how to make the bulleted items appear in the next row and how to associate the price with the service. Any ideas? There are Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Cleaning Services that I would like to set up in the drop down box in cell B14 and then associate what that service description is in starting in Cell 15, and then the price for that service in Cell E14. I put together a data sheet with all the drop down info, but on the invoice sheet , when I choose a service it only shows the single cell. We do weekly cleaning so typing that in every single time is becoming a time consuming process. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

cell b14 cell c15 cell d14 cell e14
Weekly Clean $35.00
•Clean Windows
•Vacuum Floors
• Wipe Down Counter Tops

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Why are there different drop down lists in B15 to B19? Also there is no drop down in B14. As well, I don't see any quarterly or yearly services. Please clarify.

Upvote 0
Some of what you see is experimenting, I started off with the single category of say sweeping, but then thought why not create a category of weekly cleaning that includes sweeping plus a few of the chores needed. B14 is the header of that description, along with unit cost and qty/ hr rate, this is where i can increase the amount for additional rooms, 1 bedroom 2 bedroom etc. I haven't created the quarterly or yearly services yet. I thought if I could get the weekly figured out I would create the rest from what I learned. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
As i get this figured out, I plan on cleaning up the data sheet with the drop down list items, there will be more sub category services to add to the weekly monthly and so on. I so want to work on the Customer info page, I would like to be able to use the drop down to add the customer info to the work order page. Another task, when we get new customers, I want to be able to add the info and it populate on the work order sheet From cell B8, so the address city state zip email information appears on the work order sheet.

Upvote 0
It is best to design all the features you want because the code will most likely be interrelated. I would suggest that you complete your design and upload an updated version of your workbook with a detailed, step by step description of what you want to do.

Upvote 0
Alright then, if that's the best advice. I thought I was furthur along than I am. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Mump, thank you for your advice. It really made me start thinking further outside the box. So I kinda started over, this time with a Main Menu with buttons to open different modules, Work Order, one for Customer Information, One for Service Data, and few for future use. Created a folder on the C drive and put sub folders together for the different modules. This gave me the necessary time to think the whole process out. Now that I have all that complete, its time to focus on nuts and bolts of the Work Order.
With that in mind; I really need to create a work order before the invoice. That way I can give this order to the staff with instruction of what the service includes, like a guide line for them, and also it allowed me to create a better hand out for the sales team. This is what we offer and this is what we charge.

Continuing with the Work Order layout, I put together a sample of what the work order should look like along with a service data sheet coded to each type of service, ideally what I would like is cell B14 of the Work Order be the starting point of the services, if I do a drop down box there the user could select the type of service from the service data sheet CELL A2 A3 OR A4, if they choose A2, it would populate all the items associates with cell A2. starting in CELL B15 of the work Order sheet. .
Once I get the Work Order service type figured out, the Bill To, Cell B6 on the work order page is the next hurdle. There is two options to consider, One is existing customers and two, adding new customers. Right now I'm okay with opening the Customer Information sheet and adding new customers, but as the list grows, it could get ugly, I did set up a customer sort button on that sheet just to keep names in alphabetical order. So back to option one, if i put a drop down box, the user could choose a customer and then the rest of the customer info would need to populate in cells B7 B8 B9 and B10 of the Work Order sheet.

Well those are the task I cannot get to play nice, I figured out how to make the drop down list with data validation. Getting the rest of the info to populate is where I'm stuck. Attached is what I got so far, can you give me a hand?

LARL MAIN MENU.xlsm
BCDEFGHIJKL
MAIN MENU

LARL WORK ORDER.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO
1WORK ORDER
2WORK ORDER NUMBERLARLJAX100001
5BILL TO:
6GENE BRYANEXTREME CLEANING CO.
7210A B STREET940 SCHEIDEL WAY
8ST AUGUSTINE FL 32080ST. AUGUSTINE FL 32084
9904-501-3226904-439-6389
10geno607@yahoo.comlarlextremecleaning@gmail.com
12DATE OF SERVICE3/7/2021 18:23
13TYPE OF CLEANDESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
14REGULAR CLEANING
15ALL AREAS OF HOUSE
16Dust surfaces
17Dust ceiling fans (within reach)
18Vacuum carpets
19Damp mop floors
20Empty all trash
21BATHROOM(S)
22Dust surfaces
23Dust cabinets, door panels, and baseboards
24Clean and disinfect surfaces
25Spot clean cabinet fronts
26Clean, disinfect, and shine showers and tubs
27Clean and disinfect toilets inside and out
28Shine fixtures
29Vacuum and damp mop floors
30Empty trash
31KITCHEN(S)
32Dust surfaces
33Dust top of refrigerator
34Clean and disinfect counter tops
35Clean and disinfect sink
36Clean and disinfect microwave inside and out
37Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of oven and top of range
38Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of dishwasher
39Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of refrigerator
40Clean and disinfect kitchen table
41Vacuum and damp mop floors
42Empty trash
43BEDROOM(S)
44Dust surfaces
45Dust and hand wipe furniture tops
46Vacuum carpets
47Vacuum and damp mop floors (if non-carpet)
48Empty trash
WORK ORDER
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C12C12=NOW()

SERVICE DATA.xlsm
ABCDEFGHI
1TYPE OF CLEANDESCRIPTION OF SERVICEQUANTITYA2A3A4
2REGULAR CLEANING ALL AREAS OF HOUSEA2A3A41$20.00$30.00$40.00
3SPRING CLEANINGDust surfacesA2A3A42
4MOVE IN / OUT CLEANINGDust and hand wipe furniture topsA3A43
5Dust baseboards, chair rails, and door panelsA3A44
6Dust ceiling fans (within reach)A2A3A4
7Vacuum carpetsA2A3A4
8Damp mop floorsA2A3A4
9Dust blinds, window sills, and lock ledgesA3A4
10Dust furnitureA3A4
11Dust pictures framesA3
12Dust lamp and lamp shadesA3
13Dust and clean mirrorsA3A4
14Empty all trashA2A3A4
15BATHROOMSA2A3A4
16Dust surfacesA2A3A4
17Dust blinds, window sills, and lock ledgesA3A4
18Dust cabinets, door panels, and baseboardsA2A3A4
19Clean and disinfect surfacesA2A3A4
20Spot clean cabinet frontsA2A3A4
21Clean, disinfect, and shine showers and tubsA2A3A4
22Clean and disinfect toilets inside and outA2A3A4
23Clean and disinfect door knobs and switch platesA3A4
24Shine fixturesA2A3A4
25Vacuum and damp mop floorsA2A3A4
26Empty trashA2A3A4
27KITCHENA2A3A4
28Dust surfacesA2A3A4
29Dust blinds, window sills, and lock ledgesA3A4
30Dust chair rails, cabinets, door panels, and baseboardsA3A4
31Dust top of refrigeratorA2A3A4
32Clean and disinfect counter topsA2A3A4
33Spot clean cabinet frontsA3A4
34Clean and disinfect door knobs and switch platesA3A4
35Clean and disinfect sinkA2A3A4
36Clean and disinfect microwave inside and outA2A3A4
37Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of oven and top of rangeA2A3A4
38Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of dishwasherA2A3A4
39Clean, disinfect, and shine outside of refrigeratorA2A3A4
40Clean and disinfect kitchen tableA2A3A4
41Vacuum and damp mop floorsA2A3A4
42Empty trashA2A3A4
43BEDROOMSA2A3A4
44Dust surfacesA2A3A4
45Dust and hand wipe furniture topsA2A3A4
46Dust furnitureA3A4
47Dust baseboards, chair rails, and door panelsA3A4
48Dust blinds, window sills, and lock ledgesA3A4
49Vacuum carpetsA2A3A4
50Vacuum and damp mop floors (if non-carpet)A2A3A4
51Change sheets (upon request)
52Make beds (upon request)
53Empty trashA2A3A4
54ADDITIONAL SERVICES
55Oven Clean
56Carpet Shampoo (Per Room)
57Wash Outside Windows (Per Window)
58Pressure Wash House (Per Square Foot)
59Clean Driveway and Sidewalks (Per Square Foot)
SERVICE DATA
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
A9List=$B$10

Upvote 0
That first sheet was the main menu, the x12bb doesnt copy the icons from the main menu, sorry

Upvote 0
I think I've got the first part figured out. Click here to download your file. In the WORK ORDER sheet you don't need to click any buttons. Just make a selection in cell B14 and the services will be listed automatically starting in C15. I will need the Customer information sheet in order to take care of that part of your request. Add that sheet to the workbook I attached and then upload a copy of the file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. It is much easier to work with the workbook rather than screenshots.

Upvote 0
Thanks, looks like its going in the right direction. However, when I changed the service I noticed at the bottom it would show 34 of 58, when regular cleaning was selected, then it changed all the a2 a3 a4 on the data sheet where every category read a2 a3 a4? Attached is the sheet with the customer info page added.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back