Creating Worksheets based on a matrix in a table

L

Legacy 226937

Hey All,

I'm looking for some guidance on how to approach creating worksheets based on a matrix in a table in my workbook. If

Background:
I'm building a reporting tool that runs a few stored procs (Stored on sql server) I built and then based on various user inputs it creates a fancy and unique workbook for one or all site.
Currently, when creating a new workbook for a site, I copy all 8 sheets for the report. Everything is working fine and dandy and I'm super proud of myself :)cool: :LOL:) with nothing that could stop me!

Goal:

Enter new requirement: copy only the sheets that the site needs based on whether or not they perform the service or not. I store this mapping/matrix in a table named Sites that similar to below (1 = performs service):

SiteService AService BService CService D
Site A11
Site B1111
Site C11
Site D11
Site E11

<tbody>
</tbody>
*Service A is always 1
*There are currently 30 sites

I started using arrays a day or two ago and I'm just learning to use them, and maybe it's excitement of as I feel like this may be overkill/overcomplicating it, but I think the best approach is to store the Sites table in a dynamic array (as it could change in the future - more sites or changes to services) and create a second array to identify which worksheets to generate (each service has 2 worksheets so 9 columns (4 services * 2 sheets + 1 sitename)) - e.g. Site A, Service A = 1, then array2 would have shtServiceASummary and shtServiceADetails and so on. When I generate each report, I would loop through array2 to generate only those that exists in that array.

I was under the impression this may be faster to do all those calculations in the array from what i was reading. Also, I'm not entirely sure that would work since I'm new to arrays haha

Is this the right approach? Any suggestions on a better and easier approach haha Your thoughts would be appreciated. I apologize if it's a dumb question too!

Thanks and happy holidays,
J

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Also, the worksheets templates are already created and, on creation, looped through for each site (change site name so formulas update etc.) and copied to a new workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back