Creating written summary in excel 2002

hkg003

Hello, I am creating a financial summary on a worksheet and I want to be able to write up a summary about each category. Is there a way that I could write text on my worksheet and create a parameter where my text could go to the next line such as a word document?

I hope I made myself clear.

Thanks

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

hkaplan2

Use a text box.

Or if you write into a cell, press Alt+Enter to create a hard line break. Or use Format Cells | Alignment Tab | Wrap Text feature.

hkg003

Is there a way to create multiple text boxes for multiple worksheets at once?

hkg003

Thanks for your help!

hkg003

I have embedded a combo box on one of my worksheet, is there a way to do this for multiple worksheets at a time? For example, I have 20 people I am creating a spreadsheet for containing their audit results. I would like for each person to edit into the combo boxes I have created.

Therefore, I would like to create these boxes all at once, then the next question is, how do you activate the combo box and edit, change fonts, etc?

I apologize for the questions as I am a newbie at this!

Paella1

I'm afraid I can't understand what you are trying to achieve. Are you able to put up some sort of example?

hkg003

I have pasted a text box in my worksheet, but I have many vendors that i am keeping track of and I want to provide a written summary to find opportunities to improve on our current budget analysis. Therefore, I have created charts on 20 vendors, now I want to attach text boxes under my charts to provide a summary on our spendings. I have merged cells to create somewhat of a writing tablet, but I was wondering if there is a way to copy all of my text boxes to all 20 of my spreadsheets at the same time?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sakshine

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...