Crop and resize a print screen image in a powerpoint presentation using VBA

agyeifo

I'm trying to create an end of period maps in a powerpoint presentation. The base contours remains the same, only the changes at the end of the period shows as you pan through the presentation. This is how I create the presentation: First I set my screen with my first period contour, once the screen is set I make sure it doesn't move. Second, I print the screen using the Prtscn key. Third, paste it in a powerpoint presentation. Fourth right click the picture and goto format picture. Fifth, goto crop tab and set the picture position and crop position.

I set the picture position as follows: Width=18.4 inches, Height=7.25 inches, Offset X=-3.64, Offset Y=-.28

and then set the crop position as follows: Width=7.03 inches, Height=5.69 inches, Left=.015 inches, Top=1.57

After this the X and Y offset will change so I go back to reset them to Offset X=-3.64, Offset Y=-.28 to get my screen print the way I want it.

I will then write all the parameters down and use them for subsequent screen grabs. I will have to type these parameters about 100 times or more.

Is there a way to automate this process with a VBA.

Will be happy if I can get around this. Thanks.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back