Cross check data in 4 combo boxes with 4 columns on worksheet for a match (or not) and then give two outcomes

ezeepz

Hi,

Im new here (as a threader). First post. I have used your site many many times and have usually managed to find what I need. This one has got me though.

I have a userform. It has two option buttons (add or edit) and four comboboxes. To make the boxes visible I have to select an option first.

The issue I have relates to the ADD option button being selected. When selected, I can then select data from each combobox list until all have data in them all (data comes from other sheets). I have code which is activated by the 4th combobox change() event which should look for an exact match on my worksheet (ws1) in 4 columns (A,B,C & D). If it finds a match I get a message advising I have already got this product listed (exit sub), if no match I want it to open a 5th Textbox so I can add a price and then save to the ws1 datasheet. The code for the save part is already working fine.

Here is where I am at so far, There is code above this for the EDIT option select. I have tried adding an elseif, exit sub early and even multiple msgboxes to see where code is reading to try and understand what it is doing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
If L1OptionButton1.Value = True Then    For iRow1 = 3 To ws1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Row
        If ws1.Cells(iRow1, 1).Value = Me.LockComboBox1.Text And _
            ws1.Cells(iRow1, 2).Value = Me.Lock2ComboBox2.Text And _
            ws1.Cells(iRow1, 3).Value = Me.Lock3ComboBox3.Text And _
            ws1.Cells(iRow1, 4).Value = Me.Lock4ComboBox4.Text Then

MsgBox ("This Lock Reference Number" & vbCrLf & "Already Has Pricing In the System" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
                "Please Select The EDIT Option" & vbCrLf & "Or Enter Alternative Lock Reference"), vbExclamation + vbOKOnly
                Me.Lock4ComboBox4.Value = ""

Exit For
        End If
    Next
End If
End Sub

Thanks

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back