Cross Country Timing Issue - VBA/Macros

CycloneSteve

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

Needing some help with a spreadsheet which is principally designed to record Cross Country runners and tally up the points. I have attempted to integrate a timing feature into the Spreadsheet which by the user clicks on one button in the Score sheet which then records the time at the time of the click (when the race starts). Then as runners cross the line, another button is clicked to record the time they finished and then calculates their finishing time based on the start time and time when the button is clicked. I've copied the code from another spreadsheet but I think I have messed it up as the finishing time ends up in the wrong place. Can I please get some assistance in fixing it. I also would like to use a "hotkey" such as the Caps Lock key on the keyboard to make it easier than having to click on the button each time. I'm quite a noob when it comes to VBA and Macros so I would very much appreciate the help.

Can't use the XL2BB Add-on so posting a link to down the spreadsheet. CC2.xls

Please ask any questions you may need to clarify the problem.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
CC2.xls
ABC
1Current Time:Start Time:
24:58:31.25 PM4:41:09.86 PM
4PlaceBibTime
Score
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2A2=NOW()
A5A5=IF(B5>0,1,"")
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
B4:B5Custom=COUNTIF($B$4:$B$5003,B4)=1

Upvote 0
Ummm....bumping this because I haven't got a response yet. Need this urgently.....

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Cross Country Timing/Recording Issues
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Cross Country Timing/Recording Issues
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.
Ok, how can I delete this post?

Upvote 0
No need to delete the post, but should you cross-post in the future you just need to supply the relevant link(s)

Upvote 0
No need to delete the post, but should you cross-post in the future you just need to supply the relevant link(s)
Can you please just delete the post. This has been the most insanely arduous process I have ever had to go through just to get some help.

Upvote 0
EDIT: Posted elsewhere.....https://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1345522-cross-country-timing-recording-issues.html#post5495374

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back