Cross-referencing to populate cells

Watchdawg

Board Regular
I have a spreadsheet with 4 tabs (1 for each three month period). Column A is a list of employees which populates the drop box in the userform. Across row 5 is a list of the dates for each day of the three month quarter.
When someone clicks on the submit button in the userform, I need it to first find the name in column A, and then move over to the date in Row 5, make that intersecting cell active, and place the "points" entry (on the userform) into that now-active cell.
I've looked at a lot of examples, but haven't found anything that actually does what I need it to do even with modification. Unfortunately I can't upload a sample of the spreadsheet, so hopefully I've explained it well enough here that someone can help.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
You said:
move over to the date in Row 5
Are you sure you mean Row 5 or is it column 5

You said:
and place the "points" entry (on the userform) into that now-active cell.

What is points entry?
Are you saying you want "points" entered into active cell

And When you say:
drop box in the userform

Do you mean a ComboBox?

And if so what is the name of the ComboBox?

We always need specific details and proper Excel terminology.

Upvote 0
You said:
move over to the date in Row 5
Are you sure you mean Row 5 or is it column 5

You said:
and place the "points" entry (on the userform) into that now-active cell.

What is points entry?

Are you saying you want "points" entered into active cell

And When you say:

drop box in the userform

Do you mean a ComboBox?

And if so what is the name of the ComboBox?

We always need specific details and proper Excel terminology.
My apologies. Yes, there is a combobox with a list of names (ComboBox1), this is where you select the employee. Points is an entry on the same user form, ComboBox8 gives the option of up to 2 points in 1/2 point increments. Next to ComboBox 8 is TextBox6 which is where the user will enter the date that an employee was tardy. When clicking CommandButton1 (Done/Save), I need it to find the employee that is in the first combobox in column A, and then cross reference that with the date in row 5 based on the userform entries. Hopefully that clears things up. I get used to talking to folks here about these things, so I'm always having to use "drop box", etc. :) I've attached some jpg's to help visualize.

Attachments

• userform example.png
    userform example.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
  • workbook example.JPG
    workbook example.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0
My apologies. Yes, there is a combobox with a list of names (ComboBox1), this is where you select the employee. Points is an entry on the same user form, ComboBox8 gives the option of up to 2 points in 1/2 point increments. Next to ComboBox 8 is TextBox6 which is where the user will enter the date that an employee was tardy. When clicking CommandButton1 (Done/Save), I need it to find the employee that is in the first combobox in column A, and then cross reference that with the date in row 5 based on the userform entries. Hopefully that clears things up. I get used to talking to folks here about these things, so I'm always having to use "drop box", etc. :) I've attached some jpg's to help visualize.
Finally figured it out so I'm attaching a sample of the spreadsheet...sample

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back