Cross Verify Two Excel Worksheet

dip694

Hi All. I am looking for some guidance or some help on a project I am working on. I work in the aviation field and looking to hire some pilots. From the FAA's website you are able to download all of the airmen's information (link below). When downloading the file, you will see Pilot Basic and Pilots Cert. Pilot Basic provides name, address, and medical information. Pilot Cert provides name and aircraft this pilot is type rated on. What I am trying to accomplish is the following:
  1. Filter all the pilots on Pilot Cert to only show CL-30 rated pilot (LIST 1). I know how to do that through the filter commend. Filter all the pilots in Pilot Basic to only show the pilots based in a particular state (LIST 2). Again, I know how to do that through the filter commend.
  2. Now this is where I need your help is that I am trying to easily identify all the guys from LIST 1 that are in LIST 2. What is the best way to achieve that? Note that both field has a UNIQUE ID associated to that pilot that matches on both worksheet.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LINK: FAA Airmen Database

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Assuming that LIST 1 and LIST 2 are PILOT_CERT and NONPILOT_CERT. If that's the case, in cell R2 of NONPILOT_CERT, type in =XLOOKUP(A2,PILOT_CERT.csv!$A:$A,PILOT_CERT.csv!$A:$A) then you can filter out whatever you need (matches vs non-matches).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinusJE

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back