Cubemember and Cubeset problem

mfarr76

Hello,
I am entering the world of cube formulas and I am running into a problem that I haven’t seen a solution to.
I have a dataset that has 20 names in it that can be further split into 3 groups: A,B,and C. My problem is displaying the names in a single row that belong to one of groups.
For example, Group A has 5 names in it. I am currently using Cubmember that has a reference to a cell in the worksheet:
=CUBEMEMBER(“ThisWorkbookDataModel”,”[TABLE1].[NAMES].&[“&AK10&”]“)
I am trying to create a scatter plot with this data and I want to be able to use a slicer to change between groups, however this doesn’t work when you have hard references as in the equation above.
I tried using CUBESET and CUBERANKEDMEMEBER in which that shows all the names without a cell reference but I can’t filter groups when using this approach, its all or nothing.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Michael

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I can only loosely grasp the problem you're experiencing. If it is what I think it is, then I too have had the same issue in the past and I had to approach it from a different angle. Are you able to explain it in a bit more detail? Or better yet, provide a workbook?

Upvote 0
SimonNU

Sorry if I was not clear, I should've done a better job explain my problem.

The link below is to a sample spreadsheet that illustrates my problem. The names start in cell C8 and represent all the names.

The slicer that is shown are groups that the names belong to. I would like for the Cuberankmember cells to change according to the selected group in the slicer. The way it is set up now is all the names are shown, I haven't figured out how to engage the slicer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmqf77q3v4ymzo9/AAAletPEXDOKvrz6fkW4lD7Ea?dl=0

Upvote 0
Imkef,

Thank you, that worked great! I appreciate your response.

Can you explain why your offset formula uses -2 for the width? I am a little confused by this.

Upvote 0
mfarr76,
thanks for the feedback - good to hear that it worked for you.

Re -2: This is the part that determines the length of the offset area. As we're referencing the whole column ($A:$A) we need to deduct the rows with the header and footer of the pivot table if we only want to return the rows with desired output in it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back