CUBESET and CUBERANKEDMEMBER help

largeselection

I have an olap database which I am connecting to and I'm wondering if it is possible to pull back a list of all of the cubemembers beneath a level of hierarchy.

So for example, I have a pivot table which is connected to the database. It displays team names as rows. I can expand each team name by clicking the expand button and it displays all of the players that are on the team. They are hierarchically connected as the only field I have in the pivot table row section is "teams" (and not two separate fields as "teams" and "players"). For the values section I have "# of goals"

What I would like to be able to do is use (I think) a combination of cubeset and cuberankedmember so that I can put in a function that says to pull back the player name who has the most goals based on the team I indicate and/or other filters. I know this may not be possible, but it would be cool if it is.

So say I have the following layout:
A1 = Team Name from pivot table
A2 = Year

I want to do something in A3 that is like cuberankedmember(cubeset,1), where cubeset = something like cubeset(A1,A2, sorted descending, based on goals).

Basically having the cubeset be the set of players who are under the hierarchy of the team in A1, filtered for the year I specify in A2, sorted by # of goals descending.

Sorry I know this is confusing, but if anyone has any insight or links to info where I could figure this out I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maplemeadows

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back