Cubeset with Slicer

deharris

Greetings:
I have a working Cubeset/Cuberankedmember combination working and I'm trying to solve for how to include a slicer name in the Cubeset formula (if possible) so my users can dynamically change the date for the data.

Here's the Cubeset
CUBESET("ThisWorkbookDataModel","([Ecommerce Data].[Major Category].[All].[Wine],[Ecommerce Data].[Category].Children)","Wine Category",2,"[Measures].[Ttl $ TY]")

Is there a way to incorporate a date slicer (like Slicer_Month that I have in my data) into the set expression of the Cubeset? I haven't found a way that works or any information on line to solve. I thought I could do something like "([Ecommerce Data].[Major Category].[All].[Wine],[Ecommerce Data].[Category].Children),Slicer_Month" but nothing I've tried works.
thank you for any help.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I also tried this but I get an error message. I tried to enable the 'sort by' function in the cubeset (which is "[Measures].[Ttl $ TY]" in the above) to be a dynamic value based on the slicer.

=CUBESET("ThisWorkbookDataModel","([Ecommerce Data].[Mega Category].[All].[WINE],[Ecommerce Data].[Size].Children)","Wine Category",2,(CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[Measures].[Ttl $ TY]",Slicer_Week_Ending_Date)))

thanks again for any assistance!

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Cubeset Formula Expression with a Slicer Name
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back