canefan17

I brought in a table and loaded it to data model. I created a pivot and then used OLAP tools to convert it to Cube formulas (allowing me to insert columns, etc where a pivot table won't let you).

My problem arises when I bring in the next month's data. I've written the formula that hould work to pull in the new data for that month, but it just gives me a blank (at least it isn't #N/A, so I know I'm close).

Here's what I've written. The Date Field formula worked. The cubevalue isn't. And It's the exact same formula that's in the column for the previous month. It should be working.

For New Date Field
=CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[FTE_Accruals_Data].[Date].&[2019-11-01T00:00:00]")

Formula to retrieve sum of amount for that date field ^
=CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookDataModel",$B$2,$F4,H$3)

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Here's a little more detail

Riddle me this batman. I converted my power pivot table to OLAP cube formulas. Everything worked great. Then I added next month's data file (with the 12/6/2019 data).

I wrote out the formula to bring that date in to the column field
=CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[FTE Accruals Data].[Date].&[2019-12-06T00:00:00]")

And it worked! Good so far.

Then I tried to use cubevalue to bring in the sum of amount for each G/L (like it did for the previous month) and it's not returning any values for me. It's just blank.
=CUBEVALUE("ThisWorkbookDataModel",$B$2,$F4,K$3)

B2 = =CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[Measures].[Sum of Amount 2]")

F4 = =CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel",{"[FTE Accruals Data].[Agency or FTE].&[FTE]","[FTE Accruals Data].[Business Plan].&","[FTE Accruals Data].[Co Code].&","[FTE Accruals Data].[Cost Center].&[]","[FTE Accruals Data].[GL].&[517987]"})

K3 = =CUBEMEMBER("ThisWorkbookDataModel","[FTE Accruals Data].[Date].&[2019-12-06T00:00:00]")

It should be returning a value for me. I'm a bit dumbfounded, and have spun my wheels on this one.

If you'd like to see the file I have no problem emailing it to anyone willing to help.

Upvote 0
This has been solved. Mods can delete if they'd like.

The solution was simply a mistype in the cubevalue. It's always the little things :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back