Cumulative Sum based on two criteria

hinklewj

Board Regular
Hi - In sheet1 I have a list of accounts in column A and a list of dates in row 4 with corresponding data below. In sheet2 I have the same list of accounts in column A and the same dates in row 4. But the data below I want to be a formula showing the cumulative totals in each month. I've tried various formulas but am under the gun and having issues..

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Btw the names on each sheet might not line up exactly, thus I'm looking for a dynamic formula.

Upvote 0
Maybe this is more clear? In sheet1 I have a list of accounts in column A and a list of dates in row 1 with corresponding data below. In sheet2 I have the same list of accounts in column A but in a different order and the same dates in row 1. But the data below the dates on sheet2 I want to be a formula showing the cumulative totals in each month from sheet1. I've tried various formulas and am still having issues.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back