Cursor position in VBE

Dr. Demento

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Last week, out of nowhere, my cursor (in VBE only) started to be mismatched in it's apparent place and where it would actually place typed text. For example, if I visually place the cursor at then end of a line and start typing, text will show up 2-4 spaces to the left. Additionally, two other issues: 1) when I usee the End key to go to the end of the line, the cursor will type info after the last existing character but will appear to be 5+ spaces to the right and 2) the cursor does not appear on either side of a character, but instead shows in the middle of some characters or towards the left side in others (but still slightly overlapping).

I'm hoping it's a setting I screwed up somewhere, otherwise I have no idea what I did to invite the wrath of the VBE gods.

Thanks y'all.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
I think I figured out what was going on. I had increased the magnification of my monitors (Win 10) instead of changing the resolution. As a consequence, the computer experienced something akin to parallax error. Who knew.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back