Custom Calculated Fields mid pivot table

Mr_Stern

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have regular reports that I must send to a client. The report is based off of hundreds of thousands of lines of data.
We are able to produce a pivot on this data, and this is what we report on a weekly basis.
The historic data updates every week. (e.g. think in January there is a payment owed of 50k, and this shows up in January as 50k. It is paid in April, and then the data shows the payment owed in January as nil)
This means that the data for the report cannot just be added to.

My task is based on the below.

At certain stages we are able to consolidate the data into subtotals of columns. This happens at random dates based on certain criteria and remains consolidated at these points.

In the sample table, I have set this out as showing the data supplied on a monthly basis.
Like the data and reporting, it is not reported on actual dates where you could organise as months/quarters/years etc.
For this sample, what I am looking to do is to create a calculated field after the third month (2021-03)
I would be looking to subtotal each of the Value columns at this stage, and not at the end (0221-05)
So for instance, Field 1 should calculate Sum of Profit for 2021-01 + 2021-02 + 2021-03.
Calculated fields.JPG

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Pivot Table Calculated Fields, Custom
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back