Custom Excel Add-in Question

Darranimo

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding the creation of a custom ribbon in Excel. Currently, I have a lot of macros in my PERSONAL.XLSB file, which I've added to a custom ribbon using the 'Customize the Ribbon' function. However, I want to create a truly custom ribbon that can be shared with my team via an add-in. Ideally, this ribbon should look the same for each user and be accessible regardless of which workbook is opened.

To achieve this, I've downloaded and installed Visual Studio and enabled the Office/Sharepoint templates. However, I'm not sure which template to select. I believe it's the 'Excel VSTO Add-in,' but there are two options - one in C# and one in Visual Basic. I'm assuming the Visual Basic one is the right choice.

I'm a beginner with Visual Studio and VSTO add-ins, so any advice or resources that you could share would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance for your help.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
The correct choice for creating a custom ribbon in Excel is the Excel VSTO Add-in template in Visual Basic. This template will allow you to create an add-in that can be shared with your team and which can contain the custom ribbon that you create. The add-in will be accessible regardless of which workbook is opened, and it will look the same for each user.

Upvote 1
Solution
The correct choice for creating a custom ribbon in Excel is the Excel VSTO Add-in template in Visual Basic. This template will allow you to create an add-in that can be shared with your team and which can contain the custom ribbon that you create. The add-in will be accessible regardless of which workbook is opened, and it will look the same for each user.
Thank you, Mike!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back