Custom Formatting a Date in a Text Entry?

The doomed

I have a date in H34, 21/03/2009.

In I34 I have the same date again, except formatted as MMMM YYYY so its showing "March 2009".

In G10, I want the cell to read: Number at end of March 2009, with the month and year being taken from the date range. To be honest, I can get the year okay using the Year() function but cant get the month as cant convert it back from a numeric.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Nhimit - it's a quote from a Sci_fi television series I have been watching! It likely won't mean a thing to you (or anyone else for that matter!) unless you have seen the specific episode I am talking about :)

Firefly is a great series by the way - I would highly recommend anyone to buy it :biggrin:

Upvote 0
Buy Firefly ? Is it sort of a game or something or is it a TV series ? I think you had a typo of 'h' in my name and it looks awful :LOL:

Upvote 0
Nhimit - it's a quote from a Sci_fi television series I have been watching! It likely won't mean a thing to you (or anyone else for that matter!) unless you have seen the specific episode I am talking about :)

Firefly is a great series by the way - I would highly recommend anyone to buy it :biggrin:

Have to agree on the series - made by Buffy creator Joss Weedon and significantly underrated. Seen the movie, Serenity?

BTW, haven't watched it for a while, so don't recall the reference.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back