Custom input form Excel 2003

kabrice

Excel 2003, custom input form, store data on sheet2

I need to create a custom input form in Excel 2003, store the data in a list on sheet2 and clear the form.

I need suggestions on where I can find examples and instructions.

Thank you.

Make it a Great Day!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Smitty - thank you for the link. This looks like a great website.

The custom input form needs the ability to collect multiple records for each customer. Any ideas on how to handle multi records?

Thank you

Upvote 0
The custom input form needs the ability to collect multiple records for each customer. Any ideas on how to handle multi records?

That really depends on how you structure your data. If you include a customer idetifier (Name, #, etc.) I'd imagine you'll be able to run Pivot Table reports to consolidate it all.

Feel free to post an example of your layout (or how you want it).

Upvote 0
Smitty - thanks for your interest.

I work in the IT department for my county government. Our community has an Equestrian Center and the EQ staff rents horse stalls and RV sites from the field. They currently use a calculator, hand write receipts, return to the office and transfer the data from the receipts to Excel. The proposal is to provide the staff with a Symbol Handheld PDA (with Excel). Collect the data from the field and transfer the data to the desktop in the office.

The staff will need an input form (or equivalent) to collect the rental data. The renter could be charged for several items (stalls, shavings, rv site, grounds fees, misc). I would like the item field to be a drop-down, the unit cost will populate based on the item. The tax and total will be calculated fields.

My question is how to transfer the data from the input form to the excel spreadsheet? If it was only one item it would be easy.

Thanks again - Allison

Receipt #:
Date:

Name:

Item: Quantity: Unit Cost: Tax: Total:

Total Due:

Payment method:

Upvote 0
I'd imagine you can set the PDA's to sync with a master application, but because of PDA's limited abilities, I'd probably build your app from that side first.

You could probably put a lot of effort into developing something that works on the desktop side only to find out that a PDA wont support it.

For the drop-down you can use a Data Validation list and populate the associated cost via VLOOKUP, but again, I'd test that on a PDA first.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back