Custom Ribbon Tab not showing when add-in loaded

JonRowland

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My employer has just upgraded my from Excel 2013 to 365 (v1908) running on Win10.

As a result the Custom Ribbon Tab I have for a loaded add-in no longer shows. Having a look around the Add-in is loaded and I can run VBA code stored in the add-in it's just the Tab isn't showing. This worked find when on Win7/Excel 2013 and also on Win10/Excel 2016.

I'm after some thoughts/ideas about why the ribbon is no longer viewable. I've done some internet searching and have at least one view about it not being stored in a Trusted Location but wanted to see whether anyone has the same view or some other.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
I would have thought that if it was no longer stored in a trusted location, then you wouldn't be able to access the VBA code either.

The only time the tab stops working for me is when I've been working on the XML code and forget to validate it, but I guess that probably isn't the case here? The only other thing I can think of is - for reasons I can't explain but have just learnt to live with - I sometimes have to reload the XLAM file. The AddIn may be checked as being active, but I click "Browse", select the same XLAM file, click "OK", and it's back again.

Upvote 0
Dan,

Done all what you put to no avail & def not the XML as the Ribbon tab shows up on my home PC. I do think it's a Trusted Location issue and need to somehow pursuade the IT dept to let me add my own Trusted Locations!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back