Customer Database Drop Down - AAARRRGGHH!!!!!!

thedonkey68

Hi there and hope someone can help me.

I've created a quotation sheet for my business for my customers - i have to type out their details everytime I create a quote.
I've searched high and low on the web to see how I can create a simple customer database sheet with their names and addresses so that my "quote" sheet can have a drop down and there is all my customers.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to get any help in how the hell you create a database with names and addresses - all i can see is single column lists which is great if you want individual items but i need to have this (customer name) and their address details in the box(es) below.

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense(!) and would be forever grateful if someone can show me how to do this fast and effectively.

Any help would be great.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

thedonkey68

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you have a workbook with a starter version of what you want to do, you could post a link here and folks can see what you want.

Include details about what you want and where you want it and of course include some "dummy customer info" to give a hint what sort of datra is being manipulated.

I use Drop Box for posting links, but there are others.

Howard

Upvote 0
Hi, the way i would handle this would be to create a customer table, then in the "quote" sheet use a dynamic dropdown list to reference the customer name field only, and use index/match formulas to match the customer name selected in the dropdown list to populate the rest of the fields needed in the "quote" sheet.

Larry

for the
Hi there and hope someone can help me.

I've created a quotation sheet for my business for my customers - i have to type out their details everytime I create a quote.
I've searched high and low on the web to see how I can create a simple customer database sheet with their names and addresses so that my "quote" sheet can have a drop down and there is all my customers.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to get any help in how the hell you create a database with names and addresses - all i can see is single column lists which is great if you want individual items but i need to have this (customer name) and their address details in the box(es) below.

Hopefully this makes some kind of sense(!) and would be forever grateful if someone can show me how to do this fast and effectively.

Any help would be great.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

thedonkey68

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back