Customised Menu

paddymack

Board Regular
Hi guys,
I know how to add extra menu's to the excel main menu (File, edit, view, MYMENU, Insert, Format...etc) What I want to do is Remove the basic excel menu choices at the same time so as to just leave my menu choices. Anyone know how to do this?

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Right mouse over the toolbar/menu bar and select customize and then click and drag the ones you don't want into the customize box

Upvote 0
Sorry, I obviously didn't explain myself properly. I'm not looking to get rid of the Worksheet Menu Bar, just hide the File, Edit View...etc menu options but leave menu options I have added visible.

Upvote 0
If i understand you righ you want to delete some of the items on the standard menu bar.

if you right click on the menu bar and click on customize it is then possible to clickonm the item you wish to delete. simply drag the item off the bar and it will delete.

Let me know if this is totally wrong

Upvote 0
Hi;

With this, you can hide the "File" menu of the Worksheet Menu Bar. Similarly, you can hide the ones that you don't want to see. Or, you can make a for-next loop to hide all of the standard menus.

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("File").Visible = False

Upvote 0
Kind of..... but this way causes problems. I can remove the menu items no problem using VBA - I Just can't reattach them afterwards. I tried recording a macro of selecting customise...reset but It did not record anything? So I have no way of returning the menu to its original state afterwards...

Upvote 0
Hi again;

This may work;

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Reset

Upvote 0
Sorry Raider! must have posted my reply at the same time as yours. Your first suggestion worked perfectly - exactly what I wanted! thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back