Customizing Menu Bar

Thojak

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum and would very much appreciate for advice on how to customize the menu bar. I'm running Win10 pro and (sorry..) MS Excel 2010. On one of the computers I cannot get the menu bar to show up in two rows - the check-box is grayed out. Identical installation on other computer works just fine. Have reinstalled a couple of times, uninstalled various add-ona/apps, but to no avail. Hopefully there is a solution out there of which I'm thankful to learn about.
Best regards from the B(W)estcoast of Sweden.
//TJ

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi. It's not obvious (to me, at least) what the problem/cause might be - it would helpful, though, to be able to see what part of the Excel menu bar (the user interface) that you're referencing. Are you perhaps able to post screen captures?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding, Dan_W! Mea culpa not to post screen capture, so here they are: 1: visible is the marked check-box to have the command-line on two rows, it's greyed out and the command-line is on one row. 2: main menu.
Thanks for help in solving this. //TJ

Attachments

• SkärmklippXL.PNG
    SkärmklippXL.PNG
    14.8 KB · Views: 12
  • SkärmklippXL0.PNG
    SkärmklippXL0.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0
Hi - I don't have Excel 2010, so I can't try it on my system to work out how to fix it, I'm sorry. The only thing I can think of is that there will likely be another Settings/Preference window where you can further customize the toolbars/menus. Usually, you would likely find it by right-clicking on the toolbar...? Sorry I can't be of more help.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your effort, Dan !
Regards from Sweden
//TJ

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aveternik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back