Cut & Paste into Powerpoint

pzamory

Board Regular
When I cut and paste some numbers from an Excel sheet into Powerpoint, the resulting "paste" is too large for the Powerpoint slide. I am only cutting about 7 columns and 14 lines. Any thoughts? Also, I can't resize the "paste" in Powerpoint to fit the slide either. Thanks.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
There are different ways how to use Excel information in PowerPoint. One method is to simply cut and paste. If you do that the information in PowerPoint still functions as an Excel worksheet with formulas and format controls etc. In order to adjust the size, what you would have to double-click on the insert to change to edit mode and then make the changes.

The other method is to insert the information as a picture. This will not allow you to make any adjustments to the numbers in PowerPoint, but I find it often easier to deal with as far as sizing goes.
To do that you still copy the info in Excel but Paste Special it as a picture into PP.

Hope this helps,
JP

Upvote 0
Sorry to hijack, but I have the same problem, have tried pasting as picture - no joy, have tried copying as picture from excel (shift, edit, as shown on screen) but that gives me error message 'The picture is too large and will be truncated'. If I carry on and paste it anyway, it is even worse. Same result if I try 'As shown when printed'. (It prints fine incidentally). If I can find a way to copy this across it could save me hours of work. Any other ideas??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back