Cut single sell paste to a range with VBA

Dokat

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi,

I am trying to rearrange columns and rows in a worksheet. I am using below code to automate the process. It worked seamlessly when I ran the code on same worksheet. However when I cut and paste to another worksheet It doesn't run properly.

It want to cut cell E3 and F3 from Sta Sheet and copy to Worksheet.(Summary").Range B4:B11, and B12:B19. However below code only paste it to B4 and B12. Can anyone help me modify the code so it paste to entire range.

Worksheet Sta is Source Data
Worksheet Summary is where i want to cut and paste the ranges.

Code:
Sub MoveRangeSta()

Dim iCntr
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4:F1111")

For iCntr = rng.Row + rng.Rows.Count - 1 To rng.Row Step -1
If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(iCntr)) = 0 Then Rows(iCntr).EntireRow.Delete
Next

Worksheets("Sta").Range("C4:C12").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4")
Worksheets("Sta").Range("E4:E12").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D4")
Worksheets("Sta").Range("C4:C12").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C12")
Worksheets("Sta").Range("F4:F12").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D12")

Worksheets("Sta").Range("E3").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B11")

I posted this on another forum below is the link.

Worksheets("Sta").Range("F3").Cut Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("B12:B19")

End Sub

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Try it like
VBA Code:
   With Worksheets("Sta")
      .Range("E3").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B11")
      .Range("E3").Clear
      .Range("F3").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B12:B19")
      .Range("F3").Clear
   End With

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply I replaced Copy with Cut and it worked. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
If you cut & paste you are removing the values from E3 & F3, which is what my code does.
if you want to keep those values intact, then just remove the two lines that clear the cell

Upvote 0
If you cut & paste you are removing the values from E3 & F3, which is what my code does.
if you want to keep those values intact, then just remove the two lines that clear the cell
I applied the code to actual data set and now i am having same issue where it is not copy pasting the values in W22 and AB22 to the specified range,

Please see below. I'd like Worksheet.("WBC").Range("W22") to copy paste to Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B38"). It returns blank. Can you please help.

=]Sub MoveRangeWBC()

Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("W25:W80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C39")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("AB25:AB80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D39")

With Worksheets("WBC")
Range("W22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B38")
Range("W22").Clear
Range("AB22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B39:B74")
Range("AB22").Clear

Dim iCntr
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:F1111")

If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(iCntr)) = 0 Then Rows(iCntr).EntireRow.Delete
Next

End With
End Sub

Upvote 0
You need to put a full stop in front of the ranges in the with statement (as seen in post#2) otherwise it's looking at the active sheet.

Upvote 0
I applied the code to actual data set and now i am having same issue where it is not copy pasting the values in W22 and AB22 to the specified range,

Please see below. I'd like Worksheet.("WBC").Range("W22") to copy paste to Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B38"). It returns blank. Can you please help.

=]Sub MoveRangeWBC()

Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("W25:W80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C39")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("AB25:AB80").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D39")

With Worksheets("WBC")
Range("W22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B38")
Range("W22").Clear
Range("AB22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B39:B74")
Range("AB22").Clear

Dim iCntr
Dim rng As Range

Next

End With
End Sub

Nevemind modified little bit and change the order of actions, code is working now.
Sub MoveRangeWBC()

Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("W25:W60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C39")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("AB25:AB60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D39")

Dim iCntr
Dim rng As Range

Next

Worksheets("WBC").Range("W22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B33")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("AB22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B34:B64")

End Sub

Upvote 0
You need to put a full stop in front of the ranges in the with statement (as seen in post#2) otherwise it's looking at the active sheet.
Ok so i have to put .(dot) in front of the ranges so that it doesnt look at the active sheet. Thanks for your helo

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
You are welcome. However I am still having the same issue, W22, AB22 still is not copying to B4:B33,B34:B64. What maybe causing this issue? Below is the code i am trying.

VBA Code:
Sub MoveRangeWBC()

Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("W25:W60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D4")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("E25:E60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("C39")
Worksheets("WBC").Range("AB25:AB60").Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Summary").Range("D39")

Dim iCntr
Dim rng As Range

Next

With Worksheets("WBC")
.Range("W22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B4:B33")
.Range("W22").Clear
.Range("AB22").Copy Worksheets("Summary").Range("B34:B64")
.Range("AB22").Clear

End With

End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back