Cycle Plots - can they be created with linear data?

HappyRabbit

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and this is my first post ever!

I'd like to create cycle plots within Excel but although I'm fairly ok at creating formulas, I don't know VBA, Power Pivots of Power Query - yet! In fact I'm not even sure where to start! I'm aware there are instructions if you Google cycle plots BUT...

...unfortunately the instructions generally means reshaping the data in strange ways that have to be done every time data is appended or updated. This seems incredibly labour intensive and I wish to look at lots of different stock market data downloaded from yahoo.

Basically I'd like to find out if:

1. It's possible to download csv stock market data files from yahoo and be able to create a cycle plot with linear columns of data. I'm assuming it's possible to create code that will slice and dice the data with the new features of Excel.

2. Whether, once a cycle plot has been created, the data can be appended and the cycle plot updated without having to do any adjustments each time I update something.

3. I'd like to be able to study the cycle plot seasonality of many stocks, so I'm hoping simply refreshing with new or different stock would mean any data could be 'seasonlised'(!) without having to customise the data every single time.

4. The best direction to go to make this possible within Excel.

I've just started listening to Excel podcasts so that's how I discovered the new-ish features of Excel and thought about cycle plots.

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
Greg

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back