Daily "goods in" controlling with the use of an automated checklist template

vaseppi

Hello all, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I will try to be as specific as possible with the description of my goal. Many thanks in advance! I am trying to contro the daily intake of products at my store. The warehouse receives between 40 and 50 individual pieces of equipment for my section daily. Each piece either belongs to a customer who needs to be contacted, needs to be displayed on the showroom floor immediately, or needs to eventually be displayed as space becomes available. Using our internal software I can see what goods have arrived for my section and either export or save the information or "goods in" report or simply copy the report and paste it to excel. The goods in report contains the same data for every piece of equipment. Much of this data is irrelevant to me and only important for the warehouse. For every piece the receipt number, delivery number, confirmation number etc.. is shown in a table format in columns with headings. I would like to take this data daily and "feed" it into a table which I have designed (obviously without the intended functionality) that automatically removes or even hides (i don't care) the unimportant information and keeps the important details namely article number, description, date of delivery. One important function would be that products with a product group number outside of the range that I am interested in would not be imported. I am only concerned with a specific range of product group numbers approximately 20 which do not change and are always included for each item in the "goods in" report. Now that the data looks pretty and has been filtered I can begin to answer the important questions for each piece. The questions would be simple yes or no answers to help me or the emloyee adress each individual item. Is this a customer order Y or N is this a delivery or pick up Y or N Etc.. Did you reach the customer? In the case that you did not reach the customer the piece of equipment and info would be automatically sent to a "customer call back" list that could be printed out. If the article could not be displayed because there is no space then it will be sent to a "display later" list seperated by product group number and sorted by date in a first in first out basis. This display later list would an ongoing list and would need to be able to automatically add new cells to accomidate the new daily additions. I hope that I have provided enough information that my intention or goal is understood. Any help references, observations, questions etc.. would be appreciated thank you all in advance. p.s an after thought since each item would have a drop down list requirement would it be possible to make it that as soon as each question received a response that would indicate that the list was completed and it would automatically save to a designated folder like an archive. and an open or unfinished checklist could be returned to? Are my expectations too high here or is something like this doable? My experience leve with excel is intermediate but i have little to no experience with macros or automated functions so keep that in mind when making suggestions. I am however great at following instructions and very persistent!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Firstly you need to use paragraphs :P Most people won't bother to read all that in one block of text.

The import-only-information-that-matters function sounds reasonably simple. The rest can come later. First you need to describe exactly what format the original table of data is in (screenshots help) and list what you do and don't need from it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grijken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back