Daily Schedule that archives each day?

ahmadallouch

Hello, I've been trying to create an excel daily schedule that archives the days that I put in according to their date. I want to be able to type in a certain date and have the sheet show the plan for that specific date. I'm okay with using VBA, any ideas?
Thanks. (New to this forum, by the way)

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
It sounds like you simply want to filter the sheet on a particular date. In which column are your dates? Do you have headers in row 1 and do the dates start in row 2?

Upvote 0
Well, I'm trying to do it so that I won't have to use the filters because they are really annoying, I want a cell that I can input a date inside that would give print certain values on the schedule table, I think VBA or an access database can help but but I don't know how to do it.

Upvote 0
If you want to show the plan for a specific date on the same sheet, you have 2 alternatives. The first is to have the macro filter the dates for you. Then you can simply remove the filter to make all you data visible again. This is the most efficient way. The other is to have the macro delete all the rows that do not have the desired date. I wouldn't recommend this approach because you will permanently lose that data. Another approach that might work for you is to create the plan for a specific date on another sheet. The macro will filter the data, create the plan on another sheet and then remove the filter so that you won't see any filtering being done. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0
I'll need answers to these questions:
In which column are your dates? Do you have headers in row 1 and do the dates start in row 2?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back