Dashboard private performance data sharing

Brianmay43

Hi! I have a workbook that has a dashboard of my organizations performance data separated by individuals. I have a slicer that includes the names of the individuals so I can toggle in between everyone’s performance metrics. Is there a way that I can somehow password protect or reorganize my slicers so that I can share their own day with them but not be able to view other individuals private performance data at the same time.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Hi,
Welcome to forum
Excel security is very weak and anyone with a good understanding can circumvent any attempts you make to restrict viewing of the data.

As a suggestion, if those needing access to your workbook have access to it over your corporate network then one solution maybe would be to provide each of your users with a template copy of the workbook. Using VBA, these template workbooks would then filter and copy only the user’s data from your master workbook.

The filtering can be done by using the network username (log-in name) of a user which would provide a modest level of security to ensure that they can only get to see their data.

However, to achieve this approach VBA would be involved & this would depend on your level of understanding in the subject & if your organisation permits its use?

Others here may have alternative suggestions

Hope helpful

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back