Dashboards - error

ProSpeaker

Greetings all,

I'm working on creating a dashboard. I currently have 3 worksheets, the report or mock up page, a control sheet and my first data sheet. The data sheet has fields that will be looking at the control sheet for the current month (CurMonth) and then going to an Excel database of information and returning a figure for that cell. I'm getting an error #NA and it's driving me crazy.

I'm using the following to pull this information in: =MATCH(CurMonth,ActGL.xls!Date,0), but it is retrieving the #NA.

I'm able to email the brief workbook to have someone look at it. I'm trying to make a grad school project look nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
-W

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
=if(isna(MATCH(CurMonth,ActGL.xls!Date,0))=TRUE,"",MATCH(CurMonth,ActGL.xls!Date,0))

You can insert text or a number between the quotes to make it display something else instead of #N/A.

ProSpeaker

Dashboards - Error

Thanks JonMo1,

However, I'm attempting to determine why it's not returning the value that it is suppose to return for that cell.

I'll keep that if statement for future reference.

Thanks,
-W

Jonmo1

MrExcel MVP
formulas return #N/A because it didn't find the value it was looking for. check your source data for Formatting differences. Also look for and remove extra spaces and other characters like ' * etc. in text strings.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluepinky