data assistant

efeedback

I have quite a few spreadsheets that have on the same lines category data and answers to questions. This doesn't fit well into pivot tables as everything is on one line.

I have seen the notes in this site and the code that would convert my data into a format that could then be easily summarised in a pivot table. I have never had the head space to try and do it.

Is this what data assistant is for??

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
In this site (mr excel) there is a product for sale called "25 time saving utilities". In it there is a "data asssitant". It is this product I am referring to.

I'm the author of the Data Assistant. The best way to visualize how it works is to picture a report that has as its column titles Jan, Feb, Mar,...Dec. Each row consists of some form of data. One row may be sales units, another sales $. The Data Assistant will create on a new sheet a table that has all the row descriptors in it. Then next to that is a column contianing the month names. And next to that a column containing the values. This resulting table can be used by the pivot table feature of excel.

If you have multiple reports, the converted data for one be placed below the other so the pivot table feature can act on all the data.

Bob Flanagan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melvetica

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back