Data best fit?

gobblechops

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

If I have a range of numbers to 2 decimal places in column A, for example from -2.52 to 3.84 with intervals that are not the same -2.52, -2.49, -2.48, -2,42, -2.42, -2.41, -2.38....... 3.65, 3.69, 3.70, 3.80.

In column B the number in the cell adjacent to -2.52 is 20

The number is the cell adjacent to 3.80 is 1.10.

How can you fill the empty cells in column B with numbers between 20 and 1.10 that best fit based on the data set in column A?

I am sure there is a mathematical term for this but I think this explains the situation.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Hi thanks for the reply,

This may be along the right lines but I have a full data set in column A but only 2 values in column B which are adjacent to the highest and lowest values in column A.

I want to fill the empty cells in column B with the best fit based on column A data?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
It might be best if you post an actual snap shot of your actual data, and then another showing your expected results.

There are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
I think I have found the solution, it was more of a mathematics question. Thanks for the quick reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back