Data Capture from Excel to PDF to email via Outlook

L

Legacy 316613

Hi All,

Firstly, I am very new to VBA but understand its power and the good work you all do to make life easier for novices like me.

Here is the synopsis of a project I have been tasked with which will help me tremendously in my job.

I have an Excel worksheet which captures all orders pending to deliver to customers for which we are awaiting goods from the suppliers. It is known as a Back Order report. The template of the Excel worksheet is as shown below.

As you will note this is a complex project and hence I have broken it down into 3 sections

Section 1 - Capturing Data from Excel into PDF and emailing via Outlook
Row 1 of Headers from Column A to Column J
Customer Account - Email Address - Order No - Product - Product Description - Supplier Name - Qty Ordered - Original Due Date - Expected Delivery Date - Reason for Delay

Rows 2 to Last Used Row contains details of orders placed by customers - there may be duplicated Customer Account References in Column A, and there may be duplicated Products ordered in Columns D to G however the Order No in Column C will be unique as customer may have placed two different orders for the same product on different dates.

What I am trying to achieve is a macro which will do the following:
1) Loop through the excel worksheet and capture all data for a customer account
2) Transfer this data into a PDF
3) Email the PDF to the customer using their email address in Column B
4) Loop through the entire excel worksheet repeating Steps 1 to 3

Section 2 - Ensuring Data Capture is a Dynamic Process
Furthermore I need another macro to Copy all the Data in Sheet 1 of the Workbook into Sheet 2 of the Workbook. I would then like to have an UPDATE command button that each time I click it, the macro checks to see if there is any variance (i.e. new updates in the data) in Worksheet 1 against the Data in Worksheet 2 and if so repeat process Steps 1 to 4 as stated above. Then delete Data in Worksheet 2 and overwrite it with Data in Worksheet 1.

The objective of this exercise is to have VBA automate the process of sending back order reports to the customers via email and to be dynamic in the sense that upon any updates in expected delivery dates re-send an updated report to the customer.

Section 3 - Template of PDF document to be emailed to customers
Lastly, when the data is captured using Steps 1-3 above, the PDF must also include as standard our company logo in the header (top right hand of page), a Title "Back Order Report" in the Centre and a Disclaimer in the footer which will be standard text as per our terms and conditions which I am unable to detail here in open forum. However for ready reference it will be free form text which is not dynamic. For example "Quantities once delivered cannot be returned. If you however want to cancel your order, please .......... etc."

I appreciate this is a big request but any assistance even if it be for part of the project will be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back